Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Kalligraphia 13 Was My Writing Prompts for Summer

Kalligraphia 13 Exhibition Ends   but Still Continuing to Write for Some Pieces

Kalligraphia 13 Comment Station
As in all temporary things, they all come to an end. Kalligraphia 13 exhibition ended in August 26th. Pieces need to be picked up or mailed to owners by September 1.  Classes open again and Kalligraphia 14 will be up again in 2015. Life is a cycle. Something ends and something begins.

This blog was my Summer Writing Prompt Exercises for Creative Non-Fiction. I usually attend a writing conference on Summer. Thought --why not a DIY(do it yourself)  writing workshop and it's free. I wished I'd started writing about pieces  on June 16th  when the exhibition opened.

I didn't actually tell a lot of people I'm writing this blog , it was for my personal challenge only for summer. The challenge was to write something and boom - there it was - why not write about the pieces on Kalligraphia 13.  The challenge was to write on pieces that will trigger or jumpstart me to write NOT which piece has the perfect letter, or the prettiest to look at or is the calligrapher a big name. A trigger to write or the piece induces a writer to write. In the writer's world - a writing prompt .  In any creative writing book or course, there are exercises at the end of a chapter where the teacher or author challenges you to do writing exercises.

A Kalligraphia piece 13 is the lead or the thought-provoking piece  to dare you to write. I came across Roger Angell, a New Yorker  magazine writer who said in an essay on baseball catchers - "Anything is a lead if it catches your attention and leads you on into the piece of writing...[I]t's fun writing a different kind of lead."

This was an educational one for me.  People around the world read my obscure blog even if I only used a basic template (I intend to customize this later). Folks used different kind of browsers (Explorer, Firefox,Safari, Chrome,Opera, NS8, Mobile, Netscape, etc). I only know three. Netscape is still around?
Operating systems(Windows, MacIntosh, Linux, Unix, Iphone, Ipad, etc).

I only expected 10 to 100 people to read my obscure blog. It is read by the thousands from around the world and continents per stats. Which made me conclude if your blog has content, it will be read. I hardly placed anything in my profile. Stats also tell how the entry is made or if somebody is searching for a word or phrase.

Since I work full-time and cannot post during work hours, my only time to post is late at night or early morning. I'll be buying a new computer and been busy backing my files.  For those who gave me permissions to write about their piece- thanks a billion.

Stay tuned - Kalligraphia 13 exhibition is still ongoing in the Fortress of Enchantment

No comments:

Post a Comment