Sunday, February 3, 2013

Holy Jesus!!! My old sketch of Ethnic Jesus Looks Like

Number 7 who's playing on the SuperBowl Looks Like the Ethnic Jesus I Sketched on my Sketch Journal. Colin Kaepernick looks like my ethnic Jesus.
 
 
 
When Coach Jim Harbaugh replaced Number 11- Alex S by Number 7- Colin K, I said to myself  and to my friends " that guy looks familiar but I've never met  him before. Where on earth did I see him previously? It's a 7-11.

Sports' Illustrated cover with coach saying "Holy" to Number 7
It wasn't only when the Sport's Illustrated cover appeared with Coach Harbaugh with a Caption looking up at CK with a word, "HOLY"... and it clicked my mind.

Of course I've seen him before I sketched him in my journal. I've several journals for poems, quotes, calligraphy, drawings, I furiously looked for my journal and found it. These  sketches were done 6 or 7 years ago.


The reason  I was sketching an Ethnic Jesus --- I took Voices of the Nation conference - to pay tribute to people of color. I always pray - Jesus is always painted and depicted as a white person a Caucasian, one with white skin, blue eyes, blondish-brown haired. Jesus lived in Egypt, Galilee, Nazareth, Jordan, Jerusalem - so he must have Middle East Looks and semi-African  in looks with brown-dark skin color.

I was also studying sketches of the great masters like Rembrants, Leonardo,, Michaelangelo, Durer,Hals --- etc..


Jesus waking up Jairus daughter - ala Rembrandt
Jesus at Crucifixion receiving vinegar for a drink - ala Rembrandt

Here is Jesus smiling like Number 7...and other sketches.

Ethnic Jesus with goatee and Long Hair.  Left Hand sketch of Jesus smiling looks like #7



Colin has Biblical verses on his Kaepernicking biceps - he kisses  his biceps. Colin also mentions about 'blessings ' and God.
 
 
GO NINERS...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment