Sunday, August 26, 2012

Why is Melissa Dinwiddie Encouraging Folks to Dive Deep ?

Melissa Dinwiddie, Creativity Goddess  Shares her Creative Statement  "Dive Deep- You are the Pearl You Seek" at Kalligraphia 13



Melissa Dinwiddie "Dive Deep"
 Sometimes you've to look more than once at a piece that's on exhibition. Although her title caught my attention, I didn't see immediately where do I dive deep? Melissa uses a muted palette of earth tones and cool light blue colors, thus I didn't see her quotation.  It wasn't until I was exploring the photos when I saw the quotation on top of the left side "DIVE DEEP- YOU'RE THE PEARL YOU SEEK".  What an enchanting quotation for my Fortress of  Enchantment blog.

I've many friends from India who have long , complex, hard-to-decode but exotic names. So I asked Madhu what those names mean. She explained that those name are for Gods & Goddesses in the Indian Culture. Like the Goddess of  Money or God of Fortune, Goddess of Luck or God of Happiness.  Melissa gave me
her site, I found out she's a Creativity Goddess.  At the bottom of her email it reads, Melissa Dinwiddie :
Artist, Inpirationalist & Creativity Instigator. I'm on a mission to empower people to follow creative callings. It's a movement baby. Her website is Living a Creative Life - get sparked, get stoked, get creating. Check her website to listen and read her point of view what creativity is all about if you're getting an artist or a writer's block, or her story about meditation. Aside from being a calligrapher, she is also a dancer,singer/songwriter, coach consultant and tour guide.

She hits the nail right and she knows what enchantment is all about - a reason why she's being written on this blog.

Now , how do you get a pearl? First an oyster has to produce the pearl. A contented oyster which doesn't get any irritation, annoyances, problems from an outside object never produces a pearl. Only when an object like a piece of sand gets inside a living oyster flesh when the oyster starts producing a mucus-like substance to cover up the intruding irritaton -- a pearl arises.  Same as life. You become stronger when you overcome obstacles,problems, annoyances who intrude your everyday life.

Dive Deep into your intagible, invisible self, the unconscious, the soul,  through meditation. The magic you seek for is already there inside of you.

I was in Morroco , a country near Istanbul. I'd the most fascinating adventure last year. Morocco was a mixture of several religions and languages.

Join Melissa in Istanbul Sept 30-Oct 7 2012- creative workshop and creative vacation of a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you for the lovely write-up and shout-out! I'm so delighted to have my work featured here! I'm headed up to San Francisco to pick my piece up today, so seeing this now is so timely. :)

    ReplyDelete